Recipe by OceanLuvinGranny
My sister discovered this cake at a church potluck and asked the lady who made it for the recipe. Since then, it has been a favorite in our family and it is so super easy as well as tasty!
Top Review by griffiths_melissa
I added an extra can of cherry pie filling, because I have made it in the past and it seems like the cake mix is too much for just 1 can of filling. It is a very sweet recipe for sure, but served warm with ice-cream and it is amazingly delicious! And it really only needs 1/2 cup of butter...
This is a recipe I have made over and over and it is always well liked!
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 (20 ounce) canwilderness cherry pie filling
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box white cake mix
- 1 cup margarine, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray a 9x13 pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Dump the crushed pineapple (juice and all) into bottom of pan; make sure it is evenly spread on bottom.
- Dump the cherry pie filling on top of the pineapple; make sure it is evenly spread on top.
- Dump the dry cake mix over the top, spreading evenly across the top.
- Melt the margarine in microwave (or stove top if you prefer).
- Using a large serving spoon, evenly put melted margarine over top of dry cake mix, making sure it goes clear to the edge and the dry cake mix is covered. (You may not have to use all of the margarine. I just melt that much so that I will have extra in case I have trouble spreading it).
- Bake for 60 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Check it often toward the end of cooking because it should only be golden brown and it is easy to get it too brown.