1 hr 9 mins
1 hr 4 mins
My sister discovered this cake at a church potluck and asked the lady who made it for the recipe. Since then, it has been a favorite in our family and it is so super easy as well as tasty!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 2Spray a 9x13 pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- 3Dump the crushed pineapple (juice and all) into bottom of pan; make sure it is evenly spread on bottom.
- 4Dump the cherry pie filling on top of the pineapple; make sure it is evenly spread on top.
- 5Dump the dry cake mix over the top, spreading evenly across the top.
- 6Melt the margarine in microwave (or stove top if you prefer).
- 7Using a large serving spoon, evenly put melted margarine over top of dry cake mix, making sure it goes clear to the edge and the dry cake mix is covered. (You may not have to use all of the margarine. I just melt that much so that I will have extra in case I have trouble spreading it).
- 8Bake for 60 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 9Check it often toward the end of cooking because it should only be golden brown and it is easy to get it too brown.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cherry Dump Cake
Serving Size: 1 (188 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 503.2
- Calories from Fat 167
- Total Fat 18.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 579.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 81.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 45.7 g
- Protein 3.6 g