Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This cookie takes shortbread to the extreme! It's loaded with buttery goodness, candied cherries and nuts. This recipe is a family favorite, handed down for generations.
- 2 cups butter
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups cake flour
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (can omit if using salted butter)
- 2 cups nuts (choice of soft nut)
- 3 -4 cups candied cherries
- Beat the butter, egg yolks and brown sugar until creamy. Add vanilla and beat again. Remove beater and get a spoon to mix the rest of the way. Alternate adding flour, nuts and candied cherries.
- Drop by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350F for 12-13 minutes. These cookies will brown very fast due to the butter content. You should remove them when the bottoms are just starting to turn brown.