Prep 6 mins
Cook 20 mins
A childhood favourite and a Christmas tradition that can be made year round - so quick and easy. Tastes like shortbread, but a bit tangy.
- 4 ounces butter or 4 ounces margarine
- 6 tablespoons icing sugar, sifted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flour, combined with
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 6 tablespoons finely chopped glace cherries (tip use scissors)
- Cream butter and sifted icing sugar in a medium/large bowl.
- Add vanilla and cream it in.
- Sift dry ingredients (salt, flour, baking powder) in a separate bowl, then stir them in to the butter mixture.
- Add chopped cherries and mix well with spoon or fork.
- Roll teaspoons of dough into balls and place on lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Press into cookie shapes with floured fork.
- Bake at 350 degrees until golden.
I made a batch of these delicious little babies yesterday and they are sooooo good. I'm gonna have to make another batch today! Quick, easy and delicious. What more could anyone want! These are going to be an annual thing around here from now on! Thanks for posting!