Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
The recipe uses cherry gelatin to give a boxed cake mix an eye-appealing marbled effect.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) pckage white cake mix
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 3 egg whites
- 1 (3 ounce) package cherry gelatin
- 1 1⁄2 cups boiling water
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions, using a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Cool cake on a wire rack for 3-5 minutes. Poke holes in cake with a meat fork; gradually pour gelatin over cake. cool for 15 minutes. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until light. Fold in whipped topping. Carefully spread over cake. Top with the pie filling. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
My niece told me about this delicious recipe. We both add 1/2 cup powdered sugar to the cream cheese mixture.