Recipe by CoffeeB
This is done up beautifully in a trifle type bowl or any glass bowl that you can see thru. Especially pretty for the holidays.
Top Review by Crafty Lady 13
I made this and took it to work and it was a huge hit. I used sugar-free jello and pudding and fat-free Cool Whip. Instead of having three layers, I made this into six layers. It looked beautiful and everyone loved that it was a healthy dessert. Thanks for sharing. I'll be making this often. Made for April, 2009 Photo Tag.
- 21 ounces cherry pie filling, divided
- 1 1⁄2 cups boiling water
- 1 (8 ounce) package Jello gelatin, cherry flavored
- 1 1⁄2 cups cold water
- 4 cups angel food cake, cubes
- 3 cups cold milk
- 8 ounces instant vanilla pudding
- 8 ounces Cool Whip, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- REserve 1/3 cup cherry pie filling for garnish.
- Set aside.
- Stir boiling water into dry jello mix in large bowl at least 2 minutes until completely dissolved.
- Stir in cold water and remaining cherry pie filling.
- Refrigerate 45 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Place cake cubes in a 3 quart serving bowl.
- Spoon jello mixture over cake.
- Refrigerate 45 minutes or until set but not firm.
- Pour milk into large bowl.
- Add dry pudding mixes.
- Beat with wire whisk 2 minutes.
- Gently stir in 2 cups of the coolwhip.
- Spoon over jello mixture in bowl.
- Refrigerate 2 hours or until set.
- Top with remaining coolwhip and reserved cherry pie filling.
- Store leftover dessert in refrigerator.