Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Won't these look pretty on a Christmas cookie platter?
- 1 (4 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups icing sugar, sifted to remove lumps
- 1 cup vanilla wafer crumbs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup chopped maraschino cherry
- vanilla wafer crumbs
- Place cream cheese in a mixing bowl and beat with a wooden spoon until smooth.
- Gradually blend in the sugar, crumbs, salt and cherries; cover the bowl and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Shape chilled mixture into 1-inch balls and roll in vanilla wafer crumbs.
- Keep chilled.
Mmmm definitely looked pretty, tasted right nice too! Made them as part of a 'goodie' platter to take to a friends place. Lots of comments.
They tasted great, but fell apart in my hands. They ended up very wet and would not stay in balls. I will try this again though soon and let you know how they came out!