Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 hrs
A very good summer salad or dessert.Easy enough for your kids to get some time working in the kitchen.
- 1 (20 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip, thawed
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup crushed walnuts (optional)
- Mix all of the ingredients together and chill overnight.
- Cooking time refers to chill time.
Been making this for well over 30 years. I just dug the recipe out of my collection. I used to make it for Christmas, adding a couple drops of red food coloring to "festive it up" a little.
My grandma doesn't cook anymore but this is the same recipe she would use for her "pink stuff" for the holidays. I made it for our Christmas dinner dessert and it brought back a lot of memories of holidays past. My family really enjoyed it. Thanks for posting!
i have a close friend who made this when i was a kid,,,loved it then,,,love it now....so easy to make sarah from kentucky