Recipe by .BarbaraAnn.
An easy, simple cheesecake. No whipped cream required!
Top Review by flower7
When I realized I had cinnamon grahams I decided to change this a little and make Spice Delight instead of Cherry :) What I did was skip the optional cherry topping and add some speculaas kruiden (spices for Dutch speculaas cookies, similar to pumpkin pie spice). Specifically, I halved the recipe (baked in an 8x8) and added 1/2 tsp of the spices to the filling. I also cut the sugar to 1/4 cup and had to add an extra 1 1/2 Tbsp butter to get the crumbs for the crust to hold together (and it was still a bit crumbly). I was unsure about the short bake time but it was perfectly done after 15 min (I did bake the crust alone for 5 min before adding the filling). The end result was definitely a delight! Thanks for the recipe - I'll be making it again for sure! :)
- 24 graham crackers, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup melted margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the graham crackers and margarine together and press into a 13 x9 pyrex dish. (To crush the crackers, you could place them all in a ziploc bag and use a rolling pin. Then add the margarine right to the bag and pour the mixed contents into the dish).
- Blend the sugar, eggs, vanilla, and cream cheese. Pour the mixture into the graham cracker crust.
- Bake 15 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Cool and spread the cherry pie filling over cheese mixture. (opt).
- Chill 24 hours (opt).