Recipe by connie427
This recipe my mom made when I was a kid growing up. It is very rich, but real yummy! I don't know where she obtained this recipe, but it goes back to the 1950's I believe.
- 15 graham crackers, crushed
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 24 marshmallows (large ones)
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 pint whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine graham cracker crumbs and the melted butter.
- Pack half of that mixture in bottom of 8x8 dish.
- Melt marshmallows in milk in double boiler and let cool.
- Add whipped cream and 1 teaspoon of vanilla to marshmallow mixture.
- Pour half of the marshmallow mixture over the graham cracker crumbs.
- Then pour all of the cherry pie filling over that.
- Add the rest of the marshmallow mixture on top of pie filling.
- Top with the rest of graham cracker crumbs.
- Chill overnight.