Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Frozen biscuit dough bakes into a flaky, tender crust for a creamy cherry filling.
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 4 pillsbury grands frozen southern style biscuits (from 25-oz bag)
- 4 teaspoons cherry preserves
- 4 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon water
- Heat oven to 350°F
- Spray 4 muffin cups with cooking spray.
- In small bowl, stir together cream cheese, 2 teaspoons granulated sugar and the almond extract.
- In shallow dish, place 2 tablespoons granulated sugar.
- Place biscuits on microwavable paper towel.
- Microwave on Medium (50%) 30 to 40 seconds, turning over halfway through microwave time (Biscuits will be almost thawed).
- Press each side of biscuits into granulated sugar, flattening biscuits.
- Press each biscuit into bottom and up side of muffin cup.
- Spoon cream cheese mixture evenly into biscuit cups; top with preserves.
- Bake 17 to 25 minutes or until edges are light golden brown.
- Cool 5 minutes; gently remove from cups.
- In small bowl, stir together powdered sugar and water; drizzle over biscuits.
- Serve warm or cool.