Top Review by Miss Pierce
What a wonderful idea! I also needed to come up with a quick sweet and sour sauce, but I had time to run to Zaar, and this recipe is what I found. The cherries I had on hand weren't maraschino (just a can of plain Bing cherries), but they seemed to do the job. It's a really outstanding sauce that I'll definitely make again, next time with the maraschino cherries.
- 1⁄2 cup maraschino cherry juice
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons currant jelly
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup rice wine vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small saucepan, combine the maraschino cherry juice, vinegar, and jelly.
- Stir over moderate heat, stirring until jelly has melted.
- Dissolve the cornstarch in the 1/4 cup water.
- Stir into sauce; cook until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Add water, little by little if it is too thick.