Recipe by Midwest Maven
This yummy sounding recipe came to me in one of the fabulous cookbooks I got from my partner MuffinGoddess in the recent Cookbook Swap. These cupcakes have chocolate, cherries and lots of creamy frosting, yum!
Top Review by my3beachbabes
OMG!!!! This was sooooo good... Chocolate and Cherry is one of my favorite combinations so I knew I would be in heaven!!! This was a breeze to put together. Thanks for posting this! Made for ZWT 5
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box chocolate cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1 (16 ounce) can vanilla frosting
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions, using the eggs, water, and oil.
- Spoon batter into 24 paper-lined muffin pan cups, filling two-thirds full.
- Remove 24 cherries from cherry pie filling and set aside.
- Spoon generous teaspoon of remaining cherry filling onto center of each cupcake.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Cool in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes, then remove from pan and let cool completely.
- Frost cupcakes with vanilla frosting, and garnish each one with a reserved cherry.