Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This yummy sounding recipe came to me in one of the fabulous cookbooks I got from my partner MuffinGoddess in the recent Cookbook Swap. These cupcakes have chocolate, cherries and lots of creamy frosting, yum!
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box chocolate cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1 (16 ounce) can vanilla frosting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions, using the eggs, water, and oil.
- Spoon batter into 24 paper-lined muffin pan cups, filling two-thirds full.
- Remove 24 cherries from cherry pie filling and set aside.
- Spoon generous teaspoon of remaining cherry filling onto center of each cupcake.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Cool in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes, then remove from pan and let cool completely.
- Frost cupcakes with vanilla frosting, and garnish each one with a reserved cherry.
OMG!!!! This was sooooo good... Chocolate and Cherry is one of my favorite combinations so I knew I would be in heaven!!! This was a breeze to put together. Thanks for posting this! Made for ZWT 5