Midwest Maven's Note:
This yummy sounding recipe came to me in one of the fabulous cookbooks I got from my partner MuffinGoddess in the recent Cookbook Swap. These cupcakes have chocolate, cherries and lots of creamy frosting, yum!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Prepare cake mix according to package directions, using the eggs, water, and oil.
- 3Spoon batter into 24 paper-lined muffin pan cups, filling two-thirds full.
- 4Remove 24 cherries from cherry pie filling and set aside.
- 5Spoon generous teaspoon of remaining cherry filling onto center of each cupcake.
- 6Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 20-25 minutes.
- 7Cool in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes, then remove from pan and let cool completely.
- 8Frost cupcakes with vanilla frosting, and garnish each one with a reserved cherry.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cherry Cupcakes
Serving Size: 1 (89 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 249.1
- Calories from Fat 104
- Total Fat 11.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 26.4 mg
- Sodium 226.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 20.2 g
- Protein 2.1 g