Charlotte J's Note:
This recipe comes from Jody Nelson in Woodbury County
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla (did not say how much, so this is a guess)
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup dates, chopped
- 1/3 cup maraschino cherry, chopped
- 1 3/4 cups corn flakes, crushed
- 30 -35 maraschino cherries, halved
- 1In a mixing bowl cream butter and sugar.
- 2Add eggs, one at a time beating well after each addition.
- 3Add milk and vanilla; mixing well.
- 4Combine flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda; add to creamed mixture.
- 5Stir in the chopped pecans, dates and cherries.
- 6Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 7Shape dough into 1 inch balls and roll in the crushed corn flakes.
- 8Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets, pressing a cherry half in the center of each.
- 9Bake at 350 degrees for 14 - 15 minutes oe until golden brown.
- 10Remove to wired rack to cool.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cherry Crunch Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1248 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 885.9
- Calories from Fat 379
- Total Fat 42.1 g
- Saturated Fat 17.9 g
- Cholesterol 144.2 mg
- Sodium 665.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 122.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.9 g
- Sugars 69.4 g
- Protein 11.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: