Prep 20 mins
Cook 14 mins
This recipe comes from Jody Nelson in Woodbury County
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla (did not say how much, so this is a guess)
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup dates, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup maraschino cherry, chopped
- 1 3⁄4 cups corn flakes, crushed
- 30 -35 maraschino cherries, halved
- In a mixing bowl cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs, one at a time beating well after each addition.
- Add milk and vanilla; mixing well.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda; add to creamed mixture.
- Stir in the chopped pecans, dates and cherries.
- Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls and roll in the crushed corn flakes.
- Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets, pressing a cherry half in the center of each.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 14 - 15 minutes oe until golden brown.
- Remove to wired rack to cool.