Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 14 mins
This recipe comes from Jody Nelson in Woodbury County
Make and share this Cherry Crunch Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla (did not say how much, so this is a guess)
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup dates, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup maraschino cherry, chopped
- 1 3⁄4 cups corn flakes, crushed
- 30 -35 maraschino cherries, halved
- In a mixing bowl cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs, one at a time beating well after each addition.
- Add milk and vanilla; mixing well.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda; add to creamed mixture.
- Stir in the chopped pecans, dates and cherries.
- Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls and roll in the crushed corn flakes.
- Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets, pressing a cherry half in the center of each.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 14 - 15 minutes oe until golden brown.
- Remove to wired rack to cool.