Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This stuff disappears at my house in a single afternoon!! It is so simple, but so yummy!! I've never tried it with any other pie filling flavor, but it would probably be just as good with blueberry, etc.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package white cake mix
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- Spread pie filling in bottom of 9" square pan.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Combine cake mix, nuts and melted butter.
- Sprinkle over pie filling.
- Bake at 350 for 40-50 minutes or til golden brown.
OMG! The topping is like that of a fruit crisp but THICK. My favorite part of a crisp is the topping.This was perfect for us. The only thing I did was to add 1 tsp of Vanilla to the cherry pie filling. As we were leaving for work this morning, the last thing my Husband said was "Can I have the rest of the dessert tonight" Hey anything he likes that much, he can have, but I already have the ingredients for a 2nd dessert but will wait a few days to make it so we don't gain 10 pounds this week:)
Wow this was amazing, barely lasted the day in our house. I did not have nuts so I left them out and I used a cherry chip cake mix and wow, easy and so tasty. This will become a new repeat in our home. Thank you.