Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is fast and easy! I always have the ingredients in my pantry for a quick and easy dessert! Serve warm with vanilla ice cream!
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 (18 3/4 ounce) package white cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- Put cherries in a 9" square pan.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Combine dry cake mix and melted oleo - mixture will be crumbly.
- Sprinkle over pie filling.
- Bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes, until golden brown.
This is really, really sweet. Mine baked for 45 minutes and was lovely and brown around the edges but still a bit doughy in the center part. I love that I always have these ingredients on hand and it was super easy and quick to put together, but I think I would only serve it in very small portions because of it's excessive sweetness. I would make it again, though rarely, when I need a very quick dessert utilizing ingredients on hand. Made for Spring '12 PAC.