Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is very good, fast and easy. You can actually use any flavor of pie filling that you like. To me this is more breakfasty but my BH likes it anytime.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 deg C).
- In a medium bowl, combine the rolled oats, flour, brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Cut butter into mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- Sprinkle one half of crumb mixture in the bottom of a 9 inch square baking dish.
- Cover with cherry pie filling.
- Sprinkle remaining crumb mixture over pie filling.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes, or until topping is golden brown.
- Serve warm.
A great easy way to make breakfast. We thoroughly enjoyed this "new" breakfast dish. I didnt have the cherry filling, so I actually went to the store the night before so I could make it exactly as the recipe called for. You are right about using different fillings, and I may do that the next time,.....but I really enjoyed the cherry. Thanks for sharing.
This is a wonderful dish. I made it using the cherry pie filling but any flavor could be used. I agree with your DH, this is good anytime, not just for breakfast.
This was very good. I doubled it and used Apple Pie filling and we loved it. I will be making this again once I have a over that works right.