Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
From the archives... an old bisquick recipe, but still a good one.
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1 (16 1/2 ounce) canpitted dark sweet cherries, drained
- 3⁄4 cup Bisquick baking mix
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup firm margarine or 1⁄4 cup butter
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Mix pie filing and cherries in ungreased baking dish - 8 x 8 x 2 inches.
- Spread evenly.
- Mix baking mix, nuts, sugar and cinnamon.
- cut in margarine until crumbly.
- Sprinkle over cherry mixture.
- Bake until brown, about 35 minutes.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream.
Good and quick to make. I used Bisquick Clone Recipe #12648 made with trans fat-free shortening. Fruit mixture is not syrupy sweet like plain pie filling. Top is more buttery than crunchy, with more cherries than topping. My son loves cherry desserts and went crazy for this one. Super with some vanilla ice cream on top. Thanks for sharing the recipe!