Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
A delicious, easy dessert that is wonderful topped with vanilla ice cream. Real comfort food!
Make and share this Cherry Crumble recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cups sour pitted cherries, drained
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- In an 8" square cake pan, mix together the cherries, granulated sugar and tapioca and set aside.
- In a bowl, stir together the rolled oats, brown sugar, flour, pecans, salt, cloves and nutmeg.
- With a pastry blender, cut in the butter until the mixture is crumbly and sprinkle over the cherries.
- Bake in a 375 degree F oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until the top is golden and the cherries are bubbling.
- Serve warm.