Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Make and share this Cherry Crumb Bars recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (18 ounce) package white cake mix (or yellow)
- 1 1⁄4 cups rolled quick oats, divided
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter, room temperature, divided
- 1 egg
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- Heat oven to 350°. Grease and flour a 13x9-inch pan.
- Combine cake mix, 6 tablespoons butter and 1 cup rolled oats. Reserve 1 cup of this for crumb topping.
- To remaining mixture, add egg; mix well.
- Press into pan. Pour cherry filling over crust; spread to cover.
- In large bowl add remaining 1 cup crumb mixture, 1/4 cup oats, 2 tablespoons butter, nuts, and brown sugar. Mix well. Sprinkle over cherries. Bake 30-40 minutes.
Exellent recipe! I used unsalted butter instead of margerine, which we do not use. I also added 1 tsp.Almond extract into the Cherry pie filling. A pretty dessert just in time for Valentine's Day! Thanks for posting. :-)
This is a great recipe! Received thumbs-up all around the dinner table. We don't usually have dessert during the week, too tired to fuss. This went from pantry to oven in less than 5 minutes, using ingredients I normally have on hand. I think it would be great with apple pie filling, adding cinnamon to topping. Thanks for posting!!
Awesome recipe!!!! You would never believe it comes from a cake mix and pie filling....tastes from scratch.