Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
I love this crisp recipe - you can easily use other types of fruit and has adequate amounts of fruit and topping. The topping is usually about a half-inch thick, so add more fruit to a 9x13 pan if you like a larger amount of fruit in compairason to topping
- 4 cups sour pitted cherries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a 9x9 pan, combine cherries, 11/2 cups sugar, 4 T flour and 1/4 teaspoons cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl combine, 1 1/2 cups flour, oats, brown sugar, remaining cinnamon. Cut in softened butter until all is moistened.
- Cover cherries with topping.
- Bake in oven for 45 minutes or until browned and bubbly.
Delicious. I used a triple cherry mix from Costco and increased the amount by 1 cup to address the sweetness issue. I adjusted the flour as well. It was perfect.
I reduced the sugar to a 1/2 cup and used fresh bing cherries. There was way too much topping and not enough juice/liquid to crisp the crust. It tasted pretty good but next time I'll try anothr recipe. It would work better with frozen cherries than fresh I think.
Way too sweet