Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a beautiful and delicious coffee cake that works as a dessert as well. You will be proud to serve it to family or guests.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease 9-inch springform pan.
- In medium bowl, combine 1 3/4 cup flour, baking powder and 1 teaspoons cinnamon.
- In large bowl, beat 5 tblsp. margarine and 3/4 cup sugar.
- Blend in egg and vanilla.
- Gradually add flour mixture alternately with milk until well combined.
- Spread in pan.
- Spoon pie filling over batter.
- Bake 40 minutes.
- Combine remaining 1/4 cup flour, 1/4 cup sugar and 1 tsp cinnamon.
- Cut in 1 tblsp. margarine until mixture is coarse crumbs.
- Stir in water.
- Sprinkle over top of cake.
- Bake 15-20 minutes longer or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on wire rack for 25 minutes.
- Remove sides of pan and serve warm or at room temperature.
This cake turned out beautifully! My apartment's Resident Manager for whom I specially prepared it said it was greaaaaaaaaat! Thanks for sharing the recipe:)