Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Serve with vanilla ice cream.........
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 (16 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond flavoring
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, chopped
- Combine the flour, oats and brown sugar.
- Cut in the softened butter.
- Pat 1/2 of the mixture on the bottom and sides of a 9" pie pan to form a crust.
- Spread with the cherry pie filling to which the almond flavoring has been added.
- Add the chopped pecans to the remaining flour-oatmeal mixture; spread evenly around the outer rim of the pie, leaving the center open.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Let cool before serving.
Perfect for a quick easy dessert!! So delicious and absolutely lovely. I left out the peacans (I had run out!) and it was still very, very good! Thank you!