Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is similar to a cobbler, very easy to make and quite tasty with vanilla ice cream. Serve warm or cold.
- Spread pie filling in 9x13 cake pan.
- Sprinkle dry cake mix on top.
- Spread with fork to even it out.
- Sprinkle nuts on top of cake mix.
- Pour melted margarine over all.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.
I used fresh cherries instead of the pie filling. I also used a gluten free cake mix. This recipe turned out way too sweet and with way too much butter. I'm so sorry I wasted my fresh cherries
on this recipe.
This is one of my go to desserts. Very easy and incredibly tasty. I divide the pecans putting about a third of a cup into the pie filling and the remaining nuts over the cake mix.