Recipe by Chef mariajane
Treat your special Valentine or anyone for that matter, to this decadent dessert. A little cherry juice goes a long way in the crème brûlée and will add a punch of antioxidants as a bonus!!
- 2 1⁄4 cups heavy cream
- 1⁄3 cup tart cherry juice concentrate
- 6 egg yolks
- 8 tablespoons sugar
- 2 -3 tablespoons sugar, for crust
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, bring cream and cherry juice concentrate to a simmer.
- In a heatproof bowl, beat together egg yolks and sugar for 1 minute.
- Slowly pour cream into eggs while whisking. Pour mixture back into saucepan and heat on low until slightly thickened, about 3 minutes.
- Pour mixture into 4 oven-safe remekins set in a baking pan. Add enough water to baking pan to come halfway up the sides of the ramekins. Bake in a 300F oven for about 35 minutes until custard is set but still juggly in center.
- Let cool in refrigerator for at least 2 hours. T create sugar crust, sprinkle sugar over each brulee, and caramelize under oven-broiler, salamander or cook's blowtorch.