Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
I always get alot compliments on this dessert & recipe requests. Great for social gatherings of any kind, for Christmas put a bow in the middle on the serving platter. Very easy to make & a light & very tasty dessert.
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 3 1⁄2 ounces French vanilla instant pudding
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 21 ounces cherry pie filling
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat water and butter to boiling in one-quart saucepan; stir in flour. Stir vigorously until mixture forms a ball,about 1 minute. Remove from heat. Add eggs; beat until smooth. Drop dough by tablespoonfuls onto greased baking sheet to form 8-inch ring. Smooth with spatula. Bake until puffed and golded, 50-60 minutes. Cool ring. Cut off top with sharp knife; pull out any soft dough.
- Beat milk, sour cream, dry pudding mix and extract in small mixer bowl on low speed until blended, about 1minute. Fill cream puff ring with pudding mixture; spoon 1/2 cup of the cherry pie filling onto pudding mixture. Replace top of cream puff ring and spoon dabs of remaining cherry filling on top.Refrigerate until serving time.