Recipe by Lainey6605
I LOVE cherries and ice cream, especially in the summer, and I was so happy when I found this recipe for homemade cherry soda.
Top Review by Susiecat too
This was a smash hit at a birthday party this weekend! I skipped the whipped cream, because it was plenty creamy with the ice cream. I chose not to strain the puree, because we enjoyed the bits of cherry. I used natural vanilla bean ice cream, and it was perfect. Thanks, Lainey!
- 24 ounces frozen pitted cherries
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 limes, juice of
- 2 cups seltzer water
- 1⁄2 pint heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream or 1 quart vanilla cherry ice cream
- maraschino cherry, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- In blender, puree the cherries, sugar and lime juice; strain into a pitcher and add the seltzer.
- Using an electric mixer, whip together the cream and confectioners' sugar until soft peaks form.
- Scoop the ice cream into small glasses.
- Pour the homemade cherry soda over to fill and top with a dollop of whipped cream and a maraschino cherry.