Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I LOVE cherries and ice cream, especially in the summer, and I was so happy when I found this recipe for homemade cherry soda.
- 24 ounces frozen pitted cherries
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 limes, juice of
- 2 cups seltzer water
- 1⁄2 pint heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream or 1 quart vanilla cherry ice cream
- maraschino cherry, for garnish
- In blender, puree the cherries, sugar and lime juice; strain into a pitcher and add the seltzer.
- Using an electric mixer, whip together the cream and confectioners' sugar until soft peaks form.
- Scoop the ice cream into small glasses.
- Pour the homemade cherry soda over to fill and top with a dollop of whipped cream and a maraschino cherry.
This was a smash hit at a birthday party this weekend! I skipped the whipped cream, because it was plenty creamy with the ice cream. I chose not to strain the puree, because we enjoyed the bits of cherry. I used natural vanilla bean ice cream, and it was perfect. Thanks, Lainey!
Great recipe! Tried it with the "Cool Whip" instead of making my own whipped cream. Still great! Cut back on the lime juice and tried it with frozen strawberries, too and BOY what a taste! Used the vanilla ice cream instead of the vanilla cherry. Wonder what other berries we can use????
This was very tasty. The lime juice was a little strong for my personal tastes, but it sure was fun to make out own soda- and the cerry was great with the ice cream! Thanks for posting!