Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
nice for white cake..or cherry cake
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 16 ounces powdered sugar
- 8 ounces crushed pineapple, drained
- 1⁄2 cup maraschino cherry, drained, chop
- place ingredients in a large bowl --
- Mix with electric mixer till well blended.
- Add powdered sugar, mix till combined.
- stir in crushed pineapple, cherries, and a little maraschino cherry juice for color.
- Whip 2-3 minutes.
I put this frosting on top of a white cake. It turned out fine. The frosting reminds me of a marshmallow fruit type dessert. I was a little confused by the directions, but it was all good. I think direction number 1 should say to mix the cream cheese, butter, and vanilla. Thank you for this recipe. I made this recipe for "Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup".