Recipe by DailyInspiration
A quick and easy dessert to serve to guests -- especially if they are coming at the last minute! You could lighten this up by using a light cream cheese, low-fat condensed milk or sugar-free pie filling.
Top Review by alligirl
This was beautiful and so easy to make. I made this while on vacation, so I changed a couple of things. Not being sure what kind of 'equipment' I would have at my disposal, I decided on a graham cracker crust to hold the goodness, and to be honest, I was afraid that the cream cheese mixture and the pie filling would overflow the crust, so I topped with cherries, as it was served. I also learned something; it is hard to incorporate cream cheese and s.c. milk, without a mixer, but I did my best to 'whip' them into shape! It was wonderful and I thank you for sharing, Nancy's Pantry.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (can use low fat)
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- toasted slivered almonds (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Beat in sweetened condensed milk, lemon juice, and vanilla. Lightly swirl pie filling into cream cheese mixture. Spoon into serving dishes. Cover and chill. Garnish with almonds. Prep time includes refrigeration time.