Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
A rich unique cookie that has the cream cheese and cherries baked right in. This recipe produces a soft and delicate cookie. You may top them with a Cherry half Before baking or you can drizzle a glaze over them or eat them just as they are!
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup maraschino cherry, chopped and drained well
- 1 large egg
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat Oven to 375'.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and cream cheese until fluffy.
- Stir in Remaining Ingredients. (dough will be a bit stiff).
- Drop by rounded tablespoonsful about 1 inch apart onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake about 8-10 minutes. Watch them closely and don't let them get too brown.
- Remove to wire rack to cool.
- Yield is approximate.
My family really enjoyed these. I did add a handful of white chocolate chips and cut back on the almond extract a bit. They come out fluffy and sweet.
I'm sorry but this recipe did not do a whole lot for me. I put a cherry on top and while the cookie does have a good flavor it's just not what I expected. I probably would not make this again, but someone else may absolutely love it.