Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is so good. I make it every year on Christmas morning.
Make and share this Cherry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- For cake:.
- Combine flour and sugar.
- Cut in butter until crumbly.
- Reserve 3/4 cup of crumble mixture.
- With remaining crumble mixture, add baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Stir in egg, sour cream, and almond extract until blended.
- Press into the bottom and 1" up the sides of an ungreased springform 9" pan with a removable bottom.
- Prepare filling:.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar one minute.
- Add egg, mix well.
- Spread over cake in bottom of pan.
- Carefully top with cherry pie filling.
- Sprinkle with almonds and reserved crumble mixture.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until center is set.
- Cool on a rack 15-20 minutes.
- Carefully run a knife around the edge of the pan to loosen.
- Remove bottom and slide cake out of pan.