Prep 20 mins
Cook 55 mins
An easy and tasty cherry/cranberry cake with a Yogurt cream topping.
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 16 fluid ounces cherry-cranberry pie filling
- 9 ounces white cake mix (9 ounce packet)
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 2⁄3 cup 35% cream
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Melt butter and pour into a 8" x 8" oven-proof casserole dish.
- Spoon pie filling evenly over bottom of pan.
- In a mixing bowl, prepared cake mix with eggs, water, oil and lemon rind as directed on package instructions.
- Pour mixture over pie filling in pan.
- Bake in preheated 350 F oven for 50 to 55 minutes or until firm to the touch.
- Let stand in pan for 15 minutes, then invert cake onto a serving platter.
- Spoon any remaining filling left in the pan over the cake.
- Using an electric mixer, beat whipping cream until it starts to thicken.
- Add granulated sugar by spoonfuls and continue to beat until cream is stiff.
- Do not overbeat as it could start to form butter.
- Fold in yogurt and vanilla extract.
- Spread mixture on top of cake.
- Serve cake warm or cold.