Recipe by Chef Joey Z.
I made this sauce for our Thanksgiving dinner today. It is sweet and really tasty with the cherries in it.
Top Review by Gingernut
Made this to go with my Christmas turkey, and I am never buying canned cranberry sauce again! I just used regular sugar, juice, and gelatin instead of agar, because that's what I had on hand. Thanks Joey Z.
- 6 ounces organic frozen cherries (thawed)
- 6 ounces organic frozen cranberries (thawed)
- 1 cup organic orange juice
- 1 cup raw sugar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons agar, powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Put everything except the agar into a large sauce pan and heat until the cranberries burst and the liquid is reduced by half.
- Add the agar and stir. Bring back to a boil and then simmer for 5 minutes. Place in the fridge and let it set up.
- Bon Appetit!