Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I made this sauce for our Thanksgiving dinner today. It is sweet and really tasty with the cherries in it.
- 6 ounces organic frozen cherries (thawed)
- 6 ounces organic frozen cranberries (thawed)
- 1 cup organic orange juice
- 1 cup raw sugar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons agar, powder
- Put everything except the agar into a large sauce pan and heat until the cranberries burst and the liquid is reduced by half.
- Add the agar and stir. Bring back to a boil and then simmer for 5 minutes. Place in the fridge and let it set up.
- Bon Appetit!
Made this to go with my Christmas turkey, and I am never buying canned cranberry sauce again! I just used regular sugar, juice, and gelatin instead of agar, because that's what I had on hand. Thanks Joey Z.