Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 hrs
I don't remember where I found this recipe, but everyone likes it and asks for the recipe. For those interested, it has 2 Weight Watchers points per serving if made with sugarfree Jello, crushed pineapple in it's own sauce, and Splenda rather than sugar.
- 1 (6 ounce) package cherry Jell-O
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 3 cups cranberries, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced apples
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, combine gelatin and sugar.
- Add water; stir until gelatin and sugar are dissolved.
- Stir in pineapple, cranberries, apples, celery and pecans.
- Pour into a 2-qt. serving bowl; chill until firm, 3-4 hours.
Saw this in a Taste of Home flyer which we had tonight. I omitted the pecans and celery due to personal taste. It was a great fruit salad and super easy! Thanks, Chris70 in Texas!
When we were kids this was a family recipe both my both my husband and I enjoyed, and I made it again last night for Thanksgiving. The only thing we do differently is leave out the celery (personal preference). I use the blender to chop up the cranberries, chopping a cup at a time and it makes short work out of what could be a messy job! Thanks for posting an old favorite.