Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
Tart, tangy and sweet--a unique combo and a nice change from regular cherry pie. Came from an old Crisco cookbook.
- Preheat oven 400°.
- Line pie pan with bottom crust.
- Combine in a bowl: cranberry sauce, sugar, tapioca, lemon juice and pie filling; let stand for 15 minutes.
- Pour into pie plate, dot with butter, cover with top crust, seal edges, crimp and make slits in top crust to allow steam to escape.
- Brush crust with milk.
- Cover crust edges with foil to prevent burning.
- Bake at 400° for 40-50 minutes, removing foil during last 15 minutes.
- Cool on rack.
- Serve warm or cold.
I have been looking for this recipe for years. I made it a few months ago and entered it into a pie baking contest at church...it WON! I plan on making it for Thanksgiving this year
I have made this pie many times and am just getting around to reviewing it. Very good pie. I use Deb Wolf's tip and use rinsed/drained fresh cranberries (after all, I live in Wisconsin, the cranberry capitol of the world, lol.) It works out very well this way. This recipe helped me win my wife back after she had left me and moved to Canada for six months, and if that isn't a positive review, you try.
This was fantastic, great combination! I did the same thing as Dorel, skipped the sugar and used 1 tablespoon of lemon juice. I also added 2 tablespoons of chopped candied ginger to the filling. This will definitely be made often. Thanks IB!