Recipe by Iron Bloomers
Tart, tangy and sweet--a unique combo and a nice change from regular cherry pie. Came from an old Crisco cookbook.
Top Review by caj13
I have been looking for this recipe for years. I made it a few months ago and entered it into a pie baking contest at church...it WON! I plan on making it for Thanksgiving this year
- 1 (9 inch) double crust pie crusts (your favorite)
- 1 (21 ounce) can canned cherry pie filling
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven 400°.
- Line pie pan with bottom crust.
- Combine in a bowl: cranberry sauce, sugar, tapioca, lemon juice and pie filling; let stand for 15 minutes.
- Pour into pie plate, dot with butter, cover with top crust, seal edges, crimp and make slits in top crust to allow steam to escape.
- Brush crust with milk.
- Cover crust edges with foil to prevent burning.
- Bake at 400° for 40-50 minutes, removing foil during last 15 minutes.
- Cool on rack.
- Serve warm or cold.