Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I love muffins! And these are especially light with a subtle cherry flavor . Great with a cup of tea or coffee. These are fast and easy to make.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 cup maraschino cherry, drained, chopped
- Combine dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- In separate bowl, blend egg, vanilla, oil and milk.
- Stir in cherries.
- Pour liquid mixture over dry, stirring with several quick strokes to moisten and combine.
- Spoon batter into greased muffin cups.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 20-25 minutes.
These were outstanding! I used fresh cherries that needed to be used up and the family just inhaled them. This recipe is a keeper.
Loved these muffins definitly put on the best muffin list.