Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Serve with crêpes, soufflés, ice creams or sherbets. Makes about 1 cup.
- 1 cup fresh bing cherries or 1 cup canned pitted bing cherry
- 1⁄4 cup water or 1⁄4 cup cherry juice
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- If cherries are fresh, cook in water to cover over medium heat until falling off the pits; drain. If caned, drain, reserving 1/4 cup of the juice.
- Place in a small saucepan with juice or water; add orange and lemon juices. Heat until warmed through.
- Press through a fine sieve into a bowl. Stir in sugar while still hot. Stir until dissolved.
- When ready to serve, reheat over low heat.