Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Source: Comstock Fruit e-newsletter
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 eggs, divided
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling, divided
- 2 tablespoons coffee-flavored liqueur
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box chocolate cake mix
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
- In small bowl, beat cream cheese, 1 egg and sugar until smooth.
- Stir in 1/3 cup cherry fruit filling, liqueur and chocolate chips; chill.
- In large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, 2 eggs, oil, water and 1 cup cherry fruit filling.
- Using electric mixer; blend on low speed for 30 seconds until moistened.
- Beat at medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups 1/3 full.
- Top each with 1 tablespoons of cream cheese mixture.
- Spoon remaining batter over cream cheese mixture, filling muffin cups 2/3 full.
- Bake in preheated 350°F oven for 30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool and dust with confectioners’ sugar.