Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Great little summer dessert concoction. Although it's called salad, it's really dessert. This is a great dessert for summer. Goes great at picnics and BBQ's - I have one of those "salad on ice" bowls from QVC so it stays nice and cool and doesn't get runny. Also, prep. time is about 5 minutes but I didn't include a chill time as it varies.
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (Borden's Eagle Brand)
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- Mix the condensed milk first with the Cool Whip then fold in remaining ingredients.
- Chill and serve.
Lusciously yummy, but oh, so sweet. I used only 1/2 can of sweetened condensed milk, and it was almost a hint of too sweet still.
darlene called this company salad very good
I had a friend call me in the morning saying her and her family were going to drive up to our cottage in a couple of hours. So I said - come on up! I wanted a simple, easy to put together dessert for our bbq dinner. This fit the bill! Open a few cans, mix in a bowl, refridgerate for a few hours and voila - done! Makes loads of 'salad' or dessert. Did not add nuts. Some guests found it a touch too sweet -even the kids (hence the four stars) and if I was going to make it again, I think I would only add 1/2 a can of Eagle Brand milk. But pretty good none the less!