- 5 lbs bing cherries
- 1 orange
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 4 cups sugar
- 1 cup chopped almonds or 1 cup pecans
- 1 cup seedless raisin
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash and pit cherries; wash, thinly slice and seed the orange.
- Put cherries and orange slices into preserving kettle and add the lemon juice and sugar.
- Cook the mixture, uncovered, about 45 minutes, stirring frequently until it is thick and transparent.
- Remove from stove.
- Skim off the foam with a metal spoon, then add the nuts and the raisins and cook another 10 minutes.
- Ladle into hot sterilized jars and seal immediately.