Recipe by Charmie777
I've been making this for years, and just noticed it's not on here. A different twist on the Cola Roasts posted. You can use almost any kind of roast you like! The gravy is heavenly!!
Top Review by Gruenes
This was a pretty good recipe, it definitely needed some salt and pepper. Besides that it was very tender. I put mine in the crockpot on low for 6 1/2 hours and on high for 2 hours. My girls wouldn't eat it, but I have yet to find a roast that they will eat. Overall pretty good, unfortunately I will not be making it again due to the girls not eating it.
- 3 -4 lbs beef roast or 3 -4 lbs pork roast
- 12 ounces cherry cola
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- cornstarch (optional)
- water (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place roast in roasting pan that can be covered tightly.
- Pour Cherry Cola over roast.
- Mix soups and garlic together. Spread evenly over roast.
- Cover tightly.
- Bake at 325º for 3-4 hours, until tender.
- Serve with something to sop up all that delicious gravy -- we love it with mashed potatoes!
- If you'd like, you can thicken the gravy with a slurry of cornstarch and cold water.