Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 hrs
I've been making this for years, and just noticed it's not on here. A different twist on the Cola Roasts posted. You can use almost any kind of roast you like! The gravy is heavenly!!
- 3 -4 lbs beef roast or 3 -4 lbs pork roast
- 12 ounces cherry cola
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- cornstarch (optional)
- water (optional)
- Place roast in roasting pan that can be covered tightly.
- Pour Cherry Cola over roast.
- Mix soups and garlic together. Spread evenly over roast.
- Cover tightly.
- Bake at 325º for 3-4 hours, until tender.
- Serve with something to sop up all that delicious gravy -- we love it with mashed potatoes!
- If you'd like, you can thicken the gravy with a slurry of cornstarch and cold water.
This was a pretty good recipe, it definitely needed some salt and pepper. Besides that it was very tender. I put mine in the crockpot on low for 6 1/2 hours and on high for 2 hours. My girls wouldn't eat it, but I have yet to find a roast that they will eat. Overall pretty good, unfortunately I will not be making it again due to the girls not eating it.
YUM!!! This is by far the best pot roast that I have ever had. The roast came out tender and sooo delicious. I didn't find it sweet at all, which was honestly my fear, and I didn't need any cornstarch; it made a fabulous gravy all on its own (and I'm not a gravy fan.) Thanks!! This is the only pot roast recipe I will use from now on!
Outstanding! I used a pork roast, and cooked it in the oven. I agree with Shari2 that in the oven I would double the gravy ingredients. I could not believe I was out of cream of mushroom soup and had to use cream of chicken instead. I am so pleased with the results I think I will do it that way ALL the time. I added some quartered red potatoes and a package of baby carrots. A perfect 1 pot meal!!