Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
For a crunchy Cherry Cola Cake, stir 1/2 cup chopped almonds into cake batter.
- 1 (18 ounce) packageduncan hines devil's food cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄3 cups cherry cola
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (6 ounce) jar maraschino cherries, drained, reserve juice
- 4 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 12 -16 whole maraschino cherries (to garnish)
- 12 -16 mint leaves (to garnish)
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease & flour a 13x9" pan*. Combine cake mix, eggs, cola, and oil in a large bowl. Beat at medium speed with an electric mixer for 2 minutes. Pour into pan; bake for 33 to 37 minutes or until pick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes, remove to rack to cool completely.
- Make frosting: Chop cherries into small pieces. Combine powdered sugar, reserved cherry juice & butter in a large bowl. Beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth & light. Fold in chopped cherries. Spread over cooled cake, garnish with whole cherries & mint, if desired. Yield: 12 to 16 servings.