I was looking for something a little different to take to a family BBQ and found this in my Taste of Home 2003 annual recipes cookbook. The thing I like most about this recipe is the ingredients are usually in my cupboards. Very pretty if you make it in a glass serving bowl. Makes a great dessert, too.
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set pineapple aside.
- In a saucepan or microwave, bring pineapple juice and water to a bowl. Add gelatin; stir until dissolved.
- Stir in pie filling and cola. Pour into serving bowl.
- Refrigerate until slightly thickened.
- Fold in reserved pineapple.
- Refrigerate until firm.