Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I was looking for something a little different to take to a family BBQ and found this in my Taste of Home 2003 annual recipes cookbook. The thing I like most about this recipe is the ingredients are usually in my cupboards. Very pretty if you make it in a glass serving bowl. Makes a great dessert, too.
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 (3 ounce) packages cherry gelatin
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 3⁄4 cup cola
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set pineapple aside.
- In a saucepan or microwave, bring pineapple juice and water to a bowl. Add gelatin; stir until dissolved.
- Stir in pie filling and cola. Pour into serving bowl.
- Refrigerate until slightly thickened.
- Fold in reserved pineapple.
- Refrigerate until firm.
I made this a few years ago and everyone since then has requested that I bring it to any family functions, I always forget but got a phone call this morning reminding me to bring tomorrow for thanksgiving, couldn't find my recipe, so glad its posted here. =) I use sugar free jello and pie filling but reg. cherry coke, its very sweet! but very Delicious.
I can't believe I didn't rate this! I made it last summer and we really enjoyed it! It's a great summer dish, and we'll be having it again this summer.
My jello salads are usually flops, but this one was fool-proof, attractive, and tasted good. Thanks, Watkinslady, for taking some stress out of holiday dinner preparations.