Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe is from my mom who got it from a friend years and years ago. I'm not big on fruit and cake type desserts, but this stuff is delicious. And very pretty, too. (freezes well)
- For coffee cake: cream together the margarine and sugar. Add 1 egg at a time to creamed mixture; mix well.
- Add remaining cake ingredients except pie filling; mix well.
- Spread 2/3 batter in 10x15" cookie sheet with spatula. Pour pie filling over top and spread evenly over batter.
- Drop remaining batter over top; do not spread. Bake at 350F for 45 minutes.
- For almond glaze:.
- Sift icing sugar into mixing bowl; cream together with margarine.
- Gradually add milk, a tablespoon at a time until spreading consistency is reached. Add almond extract.
- Spread over warm cake. Sprinkle with sliced almonds.