Swan Valley Tammi's Note:
This recipe is from my mom who got it from a friend years and years ago. I'm not big on fruit and cake type desserts, but this stuff is delicious. And very pretty, too. (freezes well)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup margarine
- 1 3/4 cups white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 19 ounces cherry pie filling (540 ml)
- 1For coffee cake: cream together the margarine and sugar. Add 1 egg at a time to creamed mixture; mix well.
- 2Add remaining cake ingredients except pie filling; mix well.
- 3Spread 2/3 batter in 10x15" cookie sheet with spatula. Pour pie filling over top and spread evenly over batter.
- 4Drop remaining batter over top; do not spread. Bake at 350F for 45 minutes.
- 5For almond glaze:.
- 6Sift icing sugar into mixing bowl; cream together with margarine.
- 7Gradually add milk, a tablespoon at a time until spreading consistency is reached. Add almond extract.
- 8Spread over warm cake. Sprinkle with sliced almonds.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cherry Coffee Cake With Almond Glaze
Serving Size: 1 (1984 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 6511.3
- Calories from Fat 2158
- Total Fat 239.8 g
- Saturated Fat 44.4 g
- Cholesterol 846.0 mg
- Sodium 3458.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1032.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.3 g
- Sugars 587.8 g
- Protein 68.3 g