Recipe by SharonP
This recipe was given to me by a friend. It is so good and easy to prepare.
Top Review by ptannie
This recipe IS good and can be mixed up and in the oven in no time! A very pretty coffee cake! It looks like a giant pan of danish! YUM. I made this to take to the office (I work with all men) and they gobbled it up. It was gone by 10:30AM. LOL My husband liked it so well that I made another pan the next day for his office. This recipe is a keeper! Thank you so much for sharing it on the Zaar.
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 3 eggs
- 1 package white cake mix
- 1 can cherry pie filling
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon almond flavoring
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and lightly flour a jelly roll pan (15 x 10 x 1).
- Important that the pan be 1" deep.
- Mix together sour cream, water and eggs.
- Stir in dry cake mix (will be lumpy).
- Spread mixture into jelly roll pan.
- Drop cherry pie filling by spoonfuls over batter.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Cool, then sprinkle with almonds.
- For the glaze, mix together the 1-1/2 cups of powdered sugar, 2 T.
- milk, and 1 t.
- almond flavoring.
- Drizzle the glaze over the cooled cake.