Another recipe from "The Church Supper Cookbook." Credited to Mrs. L. Bouchard, St. Pauls Church, Lancaster, NH.
- Grease and flour a 9x9-inch baking pan.
- Sift together 1 1/4 cups flour, 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add 1/2 cup butter, milk, egg, and vanilla and beat until well mixed.
- Turn into baking pan, spreading batter evenly.
- In small bowl, combine remaining 1/2 cup flour, 1/2 cup sugar, and 2 tablespoons butter until mixture is like coarse crumbs. Sprinkle half on top of batter.
- Stir lemon extract into pie filling. Spread over crumbs on batter.
- Sprinkle rest of crumb mixture over top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until top is light golden. Cut into squares.