Recipe by MelinOhio
I love yeast breads. And I love coffee cake. I made this for easter brunch one year and it went over well. This is really good. I store it in the refrigerater.
Top Review by Barb in PA #2
What a great idea for a sweet yeast cake! I took one to church yesterday, and I was glad I took a taste while I was cutting it up, because it was gone so fast! I skipped the glaze, though. It was already sweet enough.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box yellow cake mix, divided
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon dry yeast
- 2⁄3 cup warm water
- 2 eggs
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon water
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine 1 1/2 cups cake mix, flour, and yeast in a bowl.
- Add warm water, stirring until smooth.
- Stir in eggs.
- Spoon batter into a greased 13 x9 inch pan.
- Spoon pie filling evenly over batter; set aside.
- Cut butter into remaining cake mix with a fork until mixture is crumbly- Sprinkle or pie filling.
- Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes.
- Cool in pan on wire rack.
- Combine powdered sugar, corn syrup and water for glaze and drizzle over cake.